Oct 2, 2017
This fifth of the six Enneads (ΕΝΝΕΑΔΕΣ) written by Plotinus (ΠΛΩΤΙΝΟΣ); arranged by Porphyry (ΠΟΡΦΥΡΙΟΣ) and translated by Kenneth Sylvan Guthrie contains the following nine books:
1. The Three Principal Hypostases, or Forms of Existence (0:00:00)
2. Of Generation, and of the Order of things that Rank Next After the First (0:51:53)
3. The Self-Consciousnesses, and What is Above Them (1:00:08)
4. How What is After the First Proceeds Therefrom; of the One (2:22:52)
5. That Intelligible Entities Are Not External to the Intelligence of the Good (2:34:54)
6. The Superessential Principle Does Not Think (3:34:46)
7. Do Ideas of Individuals Exist (3:54:35)
8. Concerning Intelligible Beauty (4:05:30)
9. Of Intelligence, Ideas and Essence (5:08:23)
Painting: The Angel of Death by Émile Jean-Horace Vernet.
Recording and cover design by Geoffrey Edwards are in the public domain.