May 1, 2018
6. Of Numbers (0:00:00)
7. How Ideas Multiply (1:36:17)
8. Of the Will of the One (4:54:49)
9. Of the Good and the One (6:35:44)
Translated by Kenneth Sylvan Guthrie. Painting: Archangel Gabriel; The Virgin Annunciate by Gerard David, c1510. Digital image courtesy of The Met. Recording and cover design by Geoffrey...
Apr 4, 2018
1. Of the Ten Aristotelian Categories (0:00:00)
2. The Categories of Plotinos (2:17:46)
3. Plotinos's Own Sense-Categories (4:09:17)
4. The One Identical Essence is Everywhere Entirely Present (6:24:30)
5. The One Identical Essence is Everywhere Entirely Present (7:39:26)
Translated by Kenneth Sylvan Guthrie....
Feb 28, 2018
VIII 0:32:29 IX 1:32:04 X 2:32:57 XI 4:09:38 XII 5:20:43 XIII 6:58:04 Metaphysics (Greek: ΜΕΤΑ ΤΑ ΦΥΣΙΚΑ; Latin: METAPHYSICA) by Aristotle. Translated by John M'Mahon. Painting: The Farewell of Telemachus and Eucharis by Jacques-Louis David, 1818. LibriVox recording and cover design by Geoffrey Edwards are...
Feb 7, 2018
I (the less) 1:34:58 II 1:48:56 III 2:46:35 IV 4:01:58 V 5:43:34 VI 6:06:20 Metaphysics (Greek: ΜΕΤΑ ΤΑ ΦΥΣΙΚΑ; Latin: METAPHYSICA) translated by John M’Mahon. Painting: Joseph and Potiphar's Wife by Guido Reni. LibriVox recording and cover design by Geoffrey Edwards are in the public domain....
Jan 4, 2018
Aristotle names the heart as the life principle responsible for sensation and nutrition in all sanguineous animals and argues that every living thing has a soul which is extinguished at death. Translated by William Alexander Hammond. Painting: Vampire by Edvard Munch, 1895. LibriVox recording and cover design by...